How to get your Facebook API Keys
In this tutorial, you're going to learn how to obtain an account's app API Keys, so you can share them on the Social Content Delivery Module in your own Blendtrix Shop.
First of all, you have to own a Facebook account or page in which you may want to share your products as posts. Let's assume we already have that account.
Login on the Facebook Developers page with the account that you want to use to share your shop's products. Mouse over My Apps and press on Add a new app button. Choose WWW from the pop-up. Fill the blanks as it follows (where you see * it means it's just an example and you can fill with anything):
- Display Name: Pet SHOP *
- Namespace: leave this field blank
- Category: Shopping *
Press the "Create APP ID" button. After that, you will be redirected to a new page where you can manage your app. Here, save the following content values from the page somewhere safe:
- App ID
- App Secret
- Click on the Get Token button and click on Get Access Token. Now, go to the tab named Extended Permissions and check the following values:
- Press the Get Access Token button. Press Okay on every popup that appears and, also, read them carefully. Save the content of the following field somewhere safe:
- Access Token
- After saving them, go on the Social Content Delivery Module administration page in the back office of your own shop and fill the blank fields of Facebook area with your saved values from the Facebook App.
Save the credentials and the problem is solved.
* Very Important: The Access Token is available only for 60 days. After those 60 days, you must visit again this page and renew it. After that, just replace it in the Social Content Delivery Module administration page.